logo-CMT 230 horizontal

:: Arte e Património | O que visitar ::

 

Monumentos e Edifícos Notáveis - Capelas

Capela de Santa Iria

 

Capela sta Iria

Revestida de um riquíssimo carácter simbólico, em virtude da lenda de Santa Iria, a edificação da capela remonta ao século XVI, durante o reinado de D. Manuel I.
Localizado nas margens do rio Nabão, o convento apresenta uma planta retangular, sendo esta composta pela nave da capela-mor, da sacristia e da Capela dos Vales. No interior, o altar tem como figura central Santa Iria, a padroeira de Tomar. As paredes são revestidas por painéis de azulejos de ponta de diamante e a porta da sacristia mostra elementos decorativos manuelinos. Na lateral, o retábulo em pedra de ançã esculpido em médio relevo, com características renascentistas, reproduz o Calvário de Cristo e é atribuído a João de Ruão. No exterior, o pórtico e a janela apresentam moldura semelhante e transmitem as características da Renascença Coimbrã.
O portal principal do convento e a Capela dos Vales estão classificados como Monumento Nacional desde 1920.

 

 

 Morada:

Rua Marquês de Pombal

2300-510 Tomar | PORTUGAL

 

GPS:

39°36'16.5"N

8°24'38.4"W

Horário:

Por motivo de obras, a Capela de Santa Iria encontra-se encerrada por tempo indeterminado.

Pedimos desculpa pelo incómodo causado.

 

Inverno (outubro a março): 4ª feira a domingo, 14h00 às 17h00

Encerrada nos dias: 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro

 

Medidas de Prevenção do COVID-19:

- Obrigatória a utilização de máscara;

- Permitida permanência de apenas 2 (duas) pessoas;

- Tempo máximo de visita 10 min.;

- Manter o distanciamento social de 2 m;

- Seguir o percurso recomendado;

- Não tocar nas superfícies.

 

 

 

Santa Iria Chapel

 

Capela S. Iria S. Iria web

 

 

The church of the legendary patron saint of Tomar has a remarkable stone Calvary and, in the panelled main chapel there is an elaborate decoration allusive to the symbols of the Holy Spirit.
The Coimbran Renaissance language is emphasised by the portico and the Nicolau Chanterène window. The inside is covered in diamond tipped 17th century tiles. The altarpiece of Christ on the Cross is attributed to João de Ruão.
Arco das Freiras is the aerial passage between the Clarissa Nuns of the Santa Iria Convent and the former Palace of Friar Anthony of Lisbon.

 

Schedule:

Due to works, the Chapel Santa Iria is temporarily closed.
 
Thank you for understanding.

 

 

Winter (October to March): Saturday and Sunday, 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. 

 

Closed: Jan. 1, May 1 and Dec. 25

 

 

COVID-19 - Special measures:

- It’s compulsory to use a mask;

- Only 2 (two) people are allowed to remain;

- Maxim Visit Time 10 min;

- Maintain 2m social distance;

- Follow the recommended route;

- Do not touch surfaces.

  

 

 

 

Capela da N.ª S.ª da Piedade

Sra.Piedade 4

 

A Capela de Nossa Senhora da Piedade foi edificada pelo Alcaide-mor de Óbidos, durante o século XIV.
O edifício de planta poligonal é composto pela nave e capela-mor. No centro da capela é possível observar a imagem da padroeira, encontrando-se enquadrada num altar de talha rústica. Ao portal em ogiva acede-se por uma galilé alpendrada. Esta foi restaurada e modificada pelo juiz do povo Bernardo Ortiz Ochoa, em 1613. Os azulejos azuis e brancos enxaquetados são do século XVII, o terraço e a escadaria de meados do século XIX.
Situado no alto de uma colina, proporciona uma visão panorâmica da cidade de Tomar.

 

 

 

  

 

Morada:

Rua da Capela nº 13 [Estrada Nova das Atalaias]

2300-000 Tomar | PORTUGAL

 

GPS:

39°36'36,5"N

8°24'57,2"W

 

Horário:

5ª Feira a 3ª Feira - 09h00 às 13h00 e das 14h00 às 17h00

Encerra: 4ª Feira

 

 

 Our Lady of the Piedade Chapel

Sra.Piedade 3 

The former chapel of Nossa Senhora da Piedade our do Monte that Alcaide de Óbidos had built in the 14th century.

You enter the covered porch through an ogival portal.
It was restored and modified in 1613 by the people’s judge, Bernardo Ortiz Ochoa. 
The blue and white chequered tiles are 17th century, and the terrace and steps mid 19th century.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sra.Piedade 2

 

 

Schedule:

Thrurday at Tuesday: 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. - 2.00 p.m. to 5 p.m. 

Closed: Wednesday

 

 

 

 

 

    

 

 

 

Capela de São Gregório

s. gregorio

 

 

Construída no início do século XVI pela Ordem de Cristo, é um pequeno santuário dedicado a S. Gregório de Nazianzo, um teólogo que provou a divindade de Jesus.
A capela caracteriza-se pela singularidade da sua planta, centralizada numa estrutura octogonal e uma cúpula renascentista. O edifício é também composto pela capela-mor, com formato retangular, e pela sacristia, de planta quadrangular. A nave e a sacristia são cobertas por cúpulas, enquanto as paredes da nave são decoradas com dois painéis de azulejos de cor azul e branca, originários do Convento das Trinas de Lisboa. No exterior a fachada principal mostra a galilé assente sob colunas toscanas de fuste liso. O portal de D. Manuel, com formato retangular, contém elementos vegetalistas, de dupla moldura, onde se destacam os elementos lenhosos que constituem a moldura exterior.
Foi classificada como Imóvel de Interesse Público em 1948.

 

 

Morada:
Largo Cândido dos Reis

2300-908 Tomar | PORTUGAL

 

GPS:

39°36'25,3"N

8°24'54,0"W

 

Horário:

Temporariamente encerrada.

 

 

São Gregório Chapel

 

A 16th century building with a circular design, dedicated to S. Gregório Nazianzeno, a theologist who proved the divinity of Jesus.
Worthy of note is the rectangular manueline portal, which is soberly decorated and protected by a porch that goes round three sides of the chapel.
The 18th century tile panels originally came from the Convento das Trinas in Lisbon.

 

Schdule:

Temporarly closed.

 

 

Capela de N.ª S.ª da Conceição 

 

sra. conceicao 1

   

Pequena igreja basilical de três naves destinada a capela funerária de D. João III, o rei que ordenou a sua construção em 1547. Concebido por João de Castilho e concluído por Diogo Torralva, este belo exemplar do classicismo italiano é a melhor evocação da arte greco-romana na Península Ibérica.
Destaca-se a implementação urbana florentina, a sobriedade austera das proporções, as janelas perspetivadas segundo a orientação solar e, no interior, a articulação dos volumes entre as naves e o transepto, a vibração dramática da iluminação natural e a decoração coríntia dos capitéis.
A Capela de Nossa Senhora da Conceição foi classificada, em 1910, como Monumento Nacional.

 

 

 

Morada:
Estrada Dr. Vieira Guimarães

2300-000 Tomar | PORTUGAL

 

GPS:

39°36'21,3"N

8°25'00,5"W 

 

Our Lady of the Conceição Chapel

 

sra. conceicao 2 

 A small basilican church with three naves, built as a funeral chapel for D. João III, the king who ordered that it be built in 1547.

This fine example of Italian Classicism, conceived by João de Castilho is the best evocation of Greek - Roman art in the Iberian Peninsula.
The application of the Florentine urban style is noteworthy, as are the austere sobriety of the proportions, the windows positioned according to the direction of the sun, and, inside, the interweaving of objects between the naves and the transept, the dramatic vibration of natural light and the Corinthian decoration on the capitals.

Chapel built between 1532 and 1540 in pure Renaissance style, begun by João de Castilho and finished by Diogo de Torralva. It was intended to be the burial chapel of King John III. Its beautiful and clear architecture turns it into one of the most remarkable early Renaissance buildings in Portugal.

 

 

  

Capela de São Lourenço

s. lourenco

 

A Capela de São Lourenço foi edificada no início do século XVI, segundo a tradição, por Aires de Quental, feitor-mor de D. Manuel I. Este templo simboliza o local onde as tropas de D. João I e do Condestável D. Nuno Álvares Pereira se encontraram quatro dias antes da Batalha de Aljubarrota.

A sua estrutura compreende uma planta retangular, um alpendre e galilé. No interior, o teto é de madeira e o altar encontra-se decorado com um conjunto de azulejos hispano-árabes. Engloba uma vasta panóplia de símbolos decorativos de caracter tardo-góticos ou manuelinos, sendo exemplo o portal principal. Em 1948, foi colocado numa das fachadas laterais um painel de azulejos que evoca a reunião das hostes e a sua partida para uma das batalhas mais decisivas da história de Portugal. A completar o espaço envolvente encontra-se o Padrão de D. João I, de gosto flamengo, e a Fonte de S. Lourenço, com características maneiristas.

 

A presente capela está classificada como Monumento Nacional desde 1921.

  

Morada:
Av. D. Nuno Álvares Pereira

2300-411 Tomar | PORTUGAL

 

GPS:

39°35'31,4"N

08°24'20,6"W

 

 

São Lourenço Chapel

 

This was the spot where, on 10th August 1385, the day of the martyr S. Lourenço, the troops of D. João I joined those of Constable D. Nuno Álvares Pereira on their way to Aljubarrota. 
The Chapel and Monument mark the meeting place and the patron saint of the Chapel gave his name to the place.
Aires de Quental, whom D. Manuel I had given the task of building a weapons factory there, also built the Chapel.

 

 

 

Capela de Santo António

s. antonio 1 

Edificada entre 1953 e 1955, a capela contempla um vasto conjunto de elementos arquitetónicos renascentistas do século XV. Estes foram recuperados da antiga Capela do Casal de Santo António, que se situava perto do Aqueduto dos Pegões e de um antigo prédio demolido na Praça da República. Vários elementos destas duas estruturas foram incorporados na Capela de Santo António
O exterior caracteriza-se pela simplicidade do espaço e pela sua funcional. Além da rosácea presente na fachada do edifício, destaca-se o portal com cantarias quinhentistas. No interior, sobressai o arco gótico do século XV e a abóbada renascentista. No retábulo do altar encontra-se um nicho do século XVII, que suporta a imagem de Santo António. O painel é encimado pelo símbolo da Cruz da Ordem de Cristo.



 

 

 

 

 

 

Morada:
Av. Dr. Egas Moniz

2300-436 Tomar | PORTUGAL

  

GPS:

39°36'30,6"N

8°24'21,8"W

 

Santo António Chapel

 

  santa marta

  

It was built between 1953 and 1955, but contains architectural elements of a Renaissance chapel. In 1953 , with the construction of a Housing Project, built up the current chapel with architectural elements of the original.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Monumentos e Edifícos Notáveis - Igrejas

Igreja de Santa Maria do Olival

 s. m. olival 1

A primeira edificação neste local surge no século XII, por édito do mestre da Ordem Templária, D. Gualdim Pais. Contudo, a Igreja de Santa Maria do Olival com a configuração que chegou aos dias de hoje apenas foi construída em meados do século XIII, no reinado de D. Afonso III. É um exemplo inequívoco e representativo da arquitetura gótica em Portugal.
A Igreja de Santa Maria tornou-se o panteão dos Mestres Templários e foi sede de nullius dioceses, isto é, a igreja matriz de todas as terras descobertas pelos portugueses no período dos Descobrimentos.
As suas características remetem para um estilo manuelino, maneirista e de gótico mendicante. É composta por três naves, a central mais elevada relativamente às laterais, e sem transepto. Do século XVI, destaca-se a janela manuelina da sacristia, os arcos maneiristas, assim como o púlpito e a escultura em pedra de Nossa Senhora do Leite. No exterior, é possível observar a enorme rosácea, a torre de atalaia adaptada a campanário, e a loggia do século XVI.

 

Está classificada como Monumento Nacional desde 1910.

 

Morada:
Rua Aquilles da Mota Lima

2300-255 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 329 823

Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

GPS:

39°36'13,1"N

08°24'52,4"W

 

Horário:

Verão (abril a setembro): 3ª feira a domingo, 10h00 às 13h00 e 14h00 às 18h00

Inverno (outubro a março): 3ª feira a domingo, 10h00 às 12h00 e 14h00 às 17h00

 

Encerrada nos dias: 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro

 

Medidas de Prevenção do COVID-19:

- Obrigatória a utilização de máscara;

- Permitida permanência de apenas 5 (cinco) pessoas;

- Tempo máximo de visita 10 min.;

- Manter o distanciamento social de 2 m;

- Seguir o percurso recomendado;

- Não tocar nas superfícies.

 

 

 

Santa Maria do Olival Church 

s. m. olival 2

  

Gothic temple from the mid 13th century built on the site of a former temple built by D. Gualdim Pais.
The Pantheon of the Masters of the Templars was the headquarters of the nullius diocesis with jurisdiction over the churches of the Discoveries.
The interesting spatial structure with three naves served as a model for the São João Baptista church and other churches from the end of the Portuguese gothic period. Outside, the magnificent rose window is noteworthy, the lookout tower converted into a bell tower and the 16th century loggia; inside, the tombstone of Gualdim Pais, the tomb of D. Diogo Pinheiro and the images of Our Lady of Milk and the Holy Mothers.

This Gothic church (13th century) was built as a burial ground for the Templar Knights. Gualdim Pais, the founder of the city, was buried in the church and his original tomb slab, dated from 1195 and bearing a gothic inscription, is still preserved inside.

 

Schedule: 

 

Summer (April to September): Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

 

Winter (October to March): Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

 

Closed: Jan. 1, May 1 and Dec. 25 

 

 

COVID-19 - Special measures:

- It’s compulsory to use a mask;

- Only 5 (five) people are allowed to remain;

- Maxim Visit Time 10 min;

- Maintain 2m social distance;

- Follow the recommended route;

- Do not touch surfaces.

 

 

 

Igreja de São João Baptista

s. joao

 

 A Igreja de São João Batista assentou sobre uma antiga igreja, contemporânea do Infante D. Henrique. No início do século XVI, sofreu profundas alterações tendo sido ampliada e reconstruída. As obras foram finalizadas em 1510, um ano antes de terminada a estrutura da torre sineira.

É um templo de estilo gótico tardio que junta elementos do estilo manuelino e barroco. Possuí uma planta retangular composta por três naves, com tetos de madeira, estando divididas por arcos quebrados e contempla um púlpito de pedra lavrada e pintura quinhentista, o exemplo maior da arte pictórica portuguesa do século XVI. No exterior, encontra-se a torre sineira e o magnífico portal manuelino. A portada apresenta um arco contracurvado enquadrado num ornamento decorado com relevos de carácter vegetalistas, zoomórficos e símbolos heráldico que embelezam todo o portal. Dos símbolos heráldicos de D. Manuel evidencia-se a presença da cruz da Ordem de Cristo, da esfera armilar e do escudo real, que são possíveis observar no púlpito, na torre sineira e nos portais norte e poente.

O templo, situado na Praça da República, foi elevado a Monumento Nacional em 1910.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Morada:
Praça da República

2300-550 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 312 611 

 

GPS:

39°36'05,4"N

08°24'26,2"W

 

Horário:

2ª feira a sábado - 09h00 às 12h30 e das 14h30 às 19h30
Domingo e Dias Santos - 09h00 às 12h30

 

 

São João Baptista Church

 

Late gothic temple constructed on D. Manuel 1´s orders on top of the small chapel of the same name. It was completed at the beginning of the 16th century.
The symbology of D. Manuel (the Royal Coat of Arms, the Armillary Sphere and the Cross of Christ) are seen in the tower and again in the pulpit and the north and south portals.
On the outside is the tower with its three portals, the main one, the north and the south, reminiscent of an original temple.
The spatial structure of the naves is identical to that seen in the Santa Maria do Olival church and is enriched by the sculpted stone pulpit and the 16th century painting, the greatest exponent of 16th century Portuguese pictorial art.

The main church of Tomar is located in the main square of the town, in front of the Municipality (17th century) and a modern statue of Gualdim Pais. The church was built between the 15th and 16th centuries and has many interesting artistic details, like the flamboyant Gothic portal, the Manueline tower with a 16th century clock, the decorated capitals of the inner columns of the nave and several panels painted in the 1530s by one of Portugal's best Renaissance artists, Gregório Lopes.

 

Schedule:

 

Monday at Saturday - 9 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. and 2.30 p.m. to 7.30 p.m.

 

Sunday and banks holidays - 9 a.m. to 12.30 p.m.

 

 

Igreja da Nossa Senhora da Graça

 

n. sra. graca

 

No início do século XVI, por ordem de D. Manuel I, foi fundada a Misericórdia de Tomar. Posteriormente, foram construídas a Igreja e o Hospital da Misericórdia, sendo reformuladas na segunda metade do século XVIII. A sua construção tem características e influências maneiristas.
A igreja caracteriza-se pela planta retangular e é constituída por nave única e capela-mor. Os tetos são de madeira, em masseira, e em falsa abóbada de berço de estuque. A nave revela colunas de estilo jónico e a parte superior é composta por janelas quadradas, de modinatura maneirista. Em concomitância, a nave é decorada por azulejos enxaquetados e pelas pinturas do século XVI, “Milagre Eucarístico de Santo António” e “S. Domingos de Gusmão”, da autoria de Domingos Vieira Serrão. No exterior, a imagem da padroeira preenche o nicho que remata o pórtico Quinhentista.

 

 

Morada:

Av. Dr. Cândido Madureira

2300-351 Tomar | PORTUGAL

 

GPS:

39°36'07,0"N

08°24'50,0"W

 

Horário:

Temporariamente encerrada.

 

Misericórdia Church

 

King D. Manuel I in 1510 founded the Misericordy of Tomar.
The church of Nossa Senhora da Graça, or Nossa Senhora da Cadeia, is popularly known as the Misericord. A mannerist construction built in the second half of the 16th century.
The image of the patron saint fills the niche which completes the elegant 16th century portico.
Rectangular stone frames and chequered tiles decorate the nave.
Of special interest is the 16th century panel showing the Eucharistic miracle of Saint Anthony.
The Hospital substituted the Nossa Senhora da Graça Hospital (15th century) as a result of Prince Henry’s unification of all the hospitals and hospices in the town.

 

Schdule:

Temporarly closed.

 

 

Igreja e Convento de São Francisco

 

s. francisco 1

 

Edificado em torno de dois claustros, o convento foi fundado em 1624 por diversos membros da comunidade de frades franciscanos do cenóbio de Santa Cita. A igreja apenas foi finalizada em 1636, de acordo com uma lápide presente na capela-mor.
O edifício tem uma profunda influência maneirista, englobando fachada erudita com pórtico clássico e estrutura tripartida. A capela-mor encontra-se decorada com azulejos do século XVII, um altar de talha dourada e um Calvário proveniente do Convento das Trinas de Lisboa. A nave é coberta por abóbada de berço. O claustro do convento tem um formato quadrangular, dividido em dois pisos: no inferior possui pilares toscanos e no superior uma varanda de balaústres.
A igreja e claustro do Convento de S. Francisco foram classificados como Imóvel de Interesse Público em 1959.

  

 

 

 

Morada:
Av. General Bernardo Faria

2300-000 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

GPS:

39°36'01,1"N

08°24'51,8"W

 

Horário:
10h00 às 12h e 14h00 às 17h00

 

Encerrado dias de feriado, 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro.

 

São Francisco Convent and Church

 s. francisco 2

 The São Francisco Convent in a mannerist building set around two cloisters. It served the community after the Santa Cita house was closed.

In the mid 17th century it replaced the Nossa Senhora dos Anjos chapel.
A 17th century temple (1625-1660) is typical of Chã architecture. Mannerism is seen in the portal and the frontispiece of the façade.
On the inside, where a single nave is covered at great height by a barrel vault, are the sculptures of an extremely rare Calvary and the four pictorial representations of the life of the Virgin.
In the first chapel next to the Evangel, stands the image of Santa Iria, the patron saint of Tomar.

 

 

 

Schedule:
10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

 

Closed on public holidays, Jan. 1, May 1  and Dec. 25.

 

Museus

Casa Memória Lopes-Graça

cmlg

 

A Casa Memória Lopes Graça inaugurada em 2008 contempla inúmeros objetos e documentos pessoais do músico e compositor. Fernando Lopes Graça, ilustre figura da música portuguesa do século XX, nasceu a 17 de dezembro de 1906, precisamente neste edifício situado na Rua Dr. Joaquim Jacinto. Além da ligação intrínseca à cultura, foi também jornalista tendo inclusivamente fundado o jornal “A Acção” em 1923, e publicado artigos para a revista “Música”, no Conservatório de Lisboa.
O edifício dedicado ao artista, foi doado à Câmara Municipal de Tomar em 1999, por Rui Manuel Dias da Costa. No início do século XXI, procederam-se obras para a recuperação e requalificação do espaço. A Casa Memória contempla um centro documental e artístico, contendo a certidão de nascimento, partituras, peças musicais, assim como recortes de imprensa, livros, fotografias, gravações e outras obras que traduzem o trabalho e importância de Lopes Graça. Ao visitar a Casa Memória dedicado ao compositor, é possível ouvir músicas da sua autoria e conhecer o percurso de vida do artista através de uma banda desenhada.

 

 

 

 

Morada:

Rua Dr. Joaquim Jacinto, 25
2300-577 Tomar
Tlm.: (+351) 916 161 023
Tel.: (+351) 249 329 823

Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

http://casamemorialopesgraca.blogspot.com


Horário:

Inverno (outubro a março): 4ª feira a domingo, 14h00 às 17h00

Verão (abril a setembro): 4ª feira a domingo, 14h00 às 18h00

Encerrado nos dias: 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro

 

Medidas de Prevenção do COVID-19:

- Obrigatória a utilização de máscara;

- Permitida permanência de apenas 1 (uma) pessoa por piso;

- Tempo máximo de visita 10 min.;

- Manter o distanciamento social de 2 m;

- Seguir o percurso recomendado;

- Não tocar nas superfícies.

 
 

Evocative House Lopes-Graça

A striking personality of the Portuguese culture of the 20th century, Fernando Lopes-Graça was born in Tomar on December 17, 1906, at the number 25 of the Dr. Joaquim Jacinto Street. In 2008, the house where the composer was born was transformed into a documentary and artistic centre and the Evocative House was inaugurated. During a visit, you can get to know the life and work of this extraordinary Portuguese musician and composer.

Schedule:

Winter (October to March): Wednseday to Sunday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Summer (April to September): Wednseday to Sunday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Closed: Jan. 1,May 1 and Dec. 25

 

COVID-19 - Special measures:

- It’s compulsory to use a mask;

- Only 1 (one) people are allowed to remain by floor;

- Maxim Visit Time 10 min;

- Maintain 2 m social distance;

- Follow the recommended route;

- Do not touch surfaces.

 

Central Eléctrica de Tomar Núcleo Museológico

Central Elétrica de Tomar

 

Localizada no Complexo Cultural da Levada de Tomar, a Central Elétrica é um projeto museológico da responsabilidade do Município de Tomar, desenvolvido na continuação das ações de reabilitação e requalificação daquele conjunto arquitetónico industrial, situado em pleno centro histórico da cidade.

 

A Central Elétrica torna-se a primeira unidade industrial do Complexo Cultural da Levada de Tomar a abrir as portas ao público, dando formalmente início ao seu novo uso cultural. Mostra e reflete a memória daquele equipamento industrial nas suas diferentes dimensões materiais e imateriais. Pretende igualmente proporcionar a apresentação e interpretação de diferentes grupos de produção de energia elétrica, assim como a história da eletrificação em Tomar.


Este equipamento recorda ainda que a Central Elétrica de Tomar, inaugurada a 1 de julho de 1901, surgiu com o propósito de fornecer eletricidade às 100 lâmpadas de 16 velas para a cidade, e que Tomar foi uma das primeiras cidades do país, a dispor de iluminação pública elétrica.

 

 
  
Dínamo
 
 


Promovendo a preservação e potenciando a valorização do património cultural, o Município de Tomar devolve, assim, um legado industrial e testemunho da história do desenvolvimento local à fruição pública.


Morada:
Rua João Carlos Everard
2300-552 Tomar | PORTUGAL
Tel.: (+351) 249 329 814
Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
Motor Diesel Winterthur
 

 

Horário:
Verão (Abril a Setembro):
Terça a Domingo, 10h00 às 13h00 e das 14h00 às 18h00

 

Inverno (Outubro a Março):
Terça a Domingo, 10h00 às 12h00 e 14h00 às 17h00

 

Encerrada nos dias: 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Medidas de Prevenção do COVID-19:

- Obrigatória a utilização de máscara;

- Permitida permanência de apenas 5 (cinco) pessoas;

- Tempo máximo de visita 15 min.;

- Manter o distanciamento social de 2 m;

- Seguir o percurso recomendado;

- Não tocar nas superfícies.

 

Eletric Central of Tomar - Museological Nucleus

Schedule:
Summer (April to September):
Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Winter (October to March):
Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Closed: Jan. 1, May 1 and Dec. 25

 

COVID-19 - Special measures:

- It’s compulsory to use a mask;

- Only 5 (five) people are allowed to remain;

- Maxim Visit Time 15 min;

- Maintain 2m social distance;

- Follow the recommended route;

- Do not touch surfaces.

 

Museu dos Fósforos Coleção visitável

fsforos2web

 

Instalado no Convento de São Francisco desde 1989, o Museu dos Fósforos apresenta uma coleção superior a 60.000 caixas, etiquetas e carteiras de fósforos doadas por Aquiles da Mota à Câmara Municipal de Tomar em 1980. A coleção nasceu com uma troca de caixas entre Mota Lima e uma cidadã americana durante uma viagem marítima, quando se dirigiam a Londres para a cerimónia de Coroação da Rainha Isabel II.
Na coleção visitável estão representados mais de uma centena de países e destacam-se inúmeras personalidades das mais distintas áreas. A forma das caixas é, igualmente, muito variada podendo encontrar-se caixas quadradas, redondas ou hexagonais, assim como em prata, em formato de puzzle ou de lâmpada. Nas temáticas representadas podem-se encontrar imagens de animais, natureza, carros, filmes ou instrumentos musicais.
A vasta coleção de caixas de fósforos presente no Convento de São Francisco é uma das maiores da Europa.

 

 

 

Morada:

Av. General Bernardo Faria

2300-000 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 329 823

Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

GPS:

39°35'58,6"N

08°24'49,8"W

 

Horário:

Verão (abril a setembro): 3ª feira a domingo, 10h00 às 13h00 e das 14h00 às 18h00

Inverno (outubro a março): 3ª feira a domingo, 10h00 às 12h00 e das 14h00 às 17h00

Encerrado nos dias: 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro

 

Medidas de Prevenção do COVID-19:

- Obrigatória a utilização de máscara;

- Permitida permanência de apenas 1 (uma) pessoa por sala;

- Tempo máximo de visita 15 min.;

- Manter o distanciamento social de 2 m;

- Seguir o percurso recomendado;

- Não tocar nas superfícies.

 

"Matchbox Museum" - Open collection

There is a collection of over 60,000 matchboxes, labels and books ofn matches, donated by Aquiles da Mota Lima to the City Counil in 1980, in the S. Francisco Convent. The colletcion began when Mota Lima and American lady exchanged matchboxes during a sea voyage en route to London for the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.

Schedule:

Summer (April to September): Tuesday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 13 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Winter (October to March): Tuesday to Saturday, 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Closed: Jan. 1, May 1 and Dec. 25


COVID-19 - Special measures:

- It’s compulsory to use a mask;

- Only 1 (one) people are allowed to remain by room;

- Maxim Visit Time 15 min;

- Maintain 2m social distance;

- Follow the recommended route;

- Do not touch surfaces.


Museu Municipal Núcleo de Arte Contemporânea

NAC3 web

O Núcleo de Arte Contemporânea foi criado em 2004, por doação do Professor José-Augusto França.

O conjunto de pinturas, esculturas, desenhos e fotografias abrange um arco cronológico que se estende de 1932 à atualidade. Obras de Mário Eloy, Júlio e Almada Negreiros, assinalam o Modernismo do segundo quartel do século XX. O Surrealismo tem um lugar de destaque com um significativo número de trabalhos, produzidos a partir do Grupo Surrealista de Lisboa, onde se contam nomes como António Pedro, Vespeira, Fernando de Azevedo ou Fernando Lemos. O Abstraccionismo e a eclosão da Nova-Figuração estão igualmente representados com obras de Fernando Lanhas, João Cutileiro, Joaquim Rodrigo, Noronha da Costa, entre outros. Completa a coleção, a variada produção que marca o final do século até aos dias de hoje.

Coleção constituída por mais de duas centenas de obras de arte contemporânea portuguesa, o Núcleo integra peças de escultura, pintura, desenho, fotografia. Reunida por José-Augusto França, a coleção espelha bem as relações de trabalho e de amizade que foi estabelecendo durante mais de sessenta anos de atividade como crítico e historiador de Arte.

O conjunto de obras mais antigas da coleção, datadas do segundo quartel do século XX, anuncia a liberdade criativa, num registo expressionista e poético, que será fundamental no movimento surrealista do final da década de 40.
O Surrealismo está representado na coleção com um significativo número de obras do final da década de 40 e início da de 50. São obras produzidas a partir do Grupo Surrealista de Lisboa, onde se contam nomes como António Pedro, Fernando de Azevedo, Vespeira, Moniz Pereira e Fernando Lemos. Neste contexto, pela inovação plástica que representam, salientam-se as fotografias deste último, ou as produções de Fernando de Azevedo e de Moniz Pereira, que através do automatismo surrealista configuram a passagem da pintura figurativa para o abstracionismo lírico. Uma obra de Fernando Lanhas ilustra a linha do abstracionismo geométrico.

Das décadas de 60 e 70, a coleção integra um conjunto de obras representativas do novo fulgor figurativo. A figura, entendida em sentido lato, recupera o protagonismo. Nesta tendência, destacam-se as produções do Grupo KWY: René Bertholo, Lourdes Castro, José Escada, Costa Pinheiro e João Vieira; ou as vias muito pessoais desenvolvidas por Ângelo de Sousa, Joaquim Rodrigo, Noronha da Costa e João Cutileiro – com a maqueta em mármore do polémico D. Sebastião que projetou para Lagos – na construção da nova-figuração.

A variada produção que marca as últimas décadas do século XX e o início do século XXI está representada com obras de Jorge Martins, Manuel Casimiro, António Sena, José de Guimarães, Ana Vidigal, entre outros. José de Guimarães e Eduardo Nery assinam respetivamente a escultura e o painel de azulejos que figuram no exterior do Núcleo, contribuições plásticas que os dois artistas realizaram propositadamente.

Espaços

Em pleno Centro Histórico de Tomar, o sítio do Núcleo de Arte Contemporânea foi quintal da residência de um D. Prior do Convento de Cristo, que a ele acedia por um passadiço lançado sobre a Rua de Gil de Avô. Rezam testemunhos documentais, que, essa morada, de feição renascentista, fora a casa de João de Castilho – arquiteto principal do Convento de Cristo – posta à venda pela viúva, por a tristeza, nela, a não deixar viver.
O edifício, hoje existente, foi construído para habitação no princípio do século XX, em linguagem que o aproxima da casa portuguesa à Raul Lino. As duas residências, uma por cada piso, foram completa- mente remodeladas, com o sótão, em projeto oferecido pelo arquiteto Jorge Mascarenhas. Um curioso artifício – criado por Miguel Ângelo para a Biblioteca Laurentina (Florença, Itália) – incentiva a subida ao segundo andar, através das escadas que, vistas de cima, estranhamente se alongam. 
A área expositiva, com cerca de 500 m2, aproveita parte dessa peculiar comunicação vertical, que também alberga o espaço de acolhimento e articula os atuais três pisos, igualmente servidos por elevador, e quase completamente ocupados com a coleção que se anuncia no exterior, em obras de grande dimensão. A conceção dessas obras – Árvore Azul de José de Guimarães e Modulação Luminosa X de Eduardo Nery – foi oferecida pelos artistas, que propositadamente as criaram para o Museu.

 

Morada:
Rua Gil de Avô

2300-580 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 329 814
Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

GPS:

39°36'17,4"N

08°24'49,3"W

 

Horário:

Verão (abril a setembro): 4ª feira a domingo, 14h00 às 18h00

Inverno (outubro a março): 4ª feira a domingo, 14h00 às 17h00

Encerrado nos dias: 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro

 

Medidas de Prevenção do COVID-19:

- Obrigatória a utilização de máscara;

- Permitida permanência de apenas 2 (duas) pessoas por piso;

- Tempo máximo de visita 15 min.;

- Manter o distanciamento social de 2 m;

- Seguir o percurso recomendado;

- Não tocar nas superfícies.

 

Municipal Museum - Contemporary Art Center

Schedule:

Summer (April to September): Wednesday to Sunday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Winter (October to March): Wednesday to Sunday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Closed: Jan. 1, May 1 and Dec. 25

 

COVID-19 - Special measures:

- It’s compulsory to use a mask;

- Only 2 (two) people are allowed to remain by floor;

- Maxim Visit Time 15 min;

- Maintain 2m social distance;

- Follow the recommended route;

- Do not touch surfaces.


Núcleo Interpretativo da Sinagoga de Tomar

IMG 0695 compress

 

O edifício da Sinagoga de Tomar foi construído no século XV, sendo o centro principal de toda a comunidade judaica. O espaço sofreu ao longo do tempo várias alterações e usos, foi prisão, casa particular e ermida de culto católico. Posteriormente, foi mercearia e armazém até que o investigador da Cultura Hebraica, Samuel Schwarz, o adquiriu e doou ao Estado português para a criação do Museu Luso-Hebraico Abraão Zacuto.
O Núcleo Interpretativo da Sinagoga de Tomar foi inaugurado em 2019, após obras de reabilitação da Sinagoga. É composto por dois pisos: o inferior apresenta antigas estruturas arqueológicas existentes no local e o superior onde é possível a interação com conteúdos multimédia que dão a conhecer informações relacionadas com a presença dos judeus na cidade.
O reconhecimento e importância histórica da Sinagoga de Tomar foi assinalada em 1921, aquando da sua classificação como Monumento Nacional.

 

 

 

 

Morada:
Rua Dr. Joaquim Jacinto, 73
2300-577 Tomar | PORTUGAL
Tel.: (+351) 249 329 823
Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

GPS:
39°36'11,9"N
08°24'48,9"W

  

Horário:
Medidas de Prevenção do COVID-19 - Encerrado por tempo indeterminado


Verão (Abril a Setembro):
Terça a Domingo, 10h00 às 13h00 e 14h00 às 18h00

Inverno (Outubro a Março):
Terça a Domingo, 10h00 às 12h00 e 14h00 às 17h00
Encerrado nos dias: 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro

 

The Jewish Interpretative Center of Tomar 

The Tomar Synagogue Interpretative Center opened to the public on October 15, 2019, after works to improve the Synagogue.

When visiting this Nucleus, you will learn about the origins of Judaism, and above all information about the Jewish presence in Tomar.

 

IMG 0705 compress

 

Schedule:
Because of COVID-19 containment measures - temporarily closed

 

Summer (April to September):
Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.

Winter (October to March):
Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Closed: Jan. 1, May 1 and Dec. 25

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

COVID-19 - Special measures:

- It’s compulsory to use a mask;

- Only 2 (two) people are allowed to remain by floor;

- Maxim Visit Time 15 min;

- Maintain 2m social distance;

- Follow the recommended route;

- Do not touch surfaces.

 logo Sinagoga

logos nucleo Sinagoga

Exposições Temporárias

CEFT - Casa dos Cubos

  

Exposiao cubos

 

Centro de Estudos de Fotografia de Tomar - CEFT


Horário:
Verão (abril a setembro): 4ª feira a domingo, 14h00 às 18h00

Local: CEFT (Casa dos Cubos)

Organização: Centro de Estudos em Fotografia de Tomar (Município de Tomar e IPT)

Morada:

Praceta Alves Redol

2300-552 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 329 814

www.ceft.pt

Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 


Medidas de Prevenção do COVID-19:

- Obrigatória a utilização de máscara;

- Permitida permanência de apenas 5 (cinco) pessoas por piso;

- Tempo máximo de visita 15 min.;

- Manter o distanciamento social de 2 m;

- Seguir o percurso recomendado;

- Não tocar nas superfícies.

 
 
Schedule:
  
Summer (April to September): Wednseday to Sunday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
 
 
COVID-19 - Special measures:

- It’s compulsory to use a mask;
- Only 5 (five) people are allowed to remain by floor;
- Maxim Visit Time 15 min;
- Maintain 2m social distance;
- Follow the recommended route;
- Do not touch surfaces.
 
  

Complexo Cultural da Levada – sala Multiusos

 

Expo - Para alem da carne - banner site 1366x500px 02

 

Exposição de pintura de Sílvia Marieta

Saber mais

  

 

Morada:

Rua João Carlos Everard
2300-552 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 329 814

Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

 

Outros Locais de Interesse

Paços do Concelho

 camara

O edifício foi construído no reinado de D. Manuel I para servir de Paços Reais, sob as antigas boticas (lojas) edificadas pelo Infante D. Henrique. Após o término da construção, foi doado à Câmara de Tomar. Apesar de corresponder ao período de D. Manuel não apresenta caraterísticas manuelinas, tendo sido mantidos apenas os seus símbolos: o brasão real, a esfera armilar e a cruz de Cristo, embora com adaptação filipina. A falta de elementos manuelinos é explicada pela remodelação que o espaço sofreu na segunda metade do século XVI, seguindo ideais maneiristas.
Constituído por planta retangular, é composto por três pisos. No inferior destaca-se a galilé de três arcos, que corresponde aos portais de entrada do edifício e a fachada posterior em arcos de volta inteira. Sobre a arcada foram abertas janelas de sacada. Relativamente ao interior, salienta-se a imponência do Salão Nobre, com um antigo Brasão de Tomar no teto em masseira.
É o edifício sede da Câmara Municipal de Tomar. Em 1948, foi classificado como Imóvel de Interesse Público.

 

 

 

 

Morada:
Praça da República
2300-550 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 329 800
Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

Horário:

Atendimento Balcão Único: das 09h00 às 13h00

Encerra: Feriados e Fins de Semana

 

 

Town Hall

 

The former royal residence which D. Manuel I built and gave to the Council.
The 16th century mannerist remodelling replaced the manueline décor.
The symbols of the "Lucky" King remain: the Royal Coat of Arms, the Armillary Sphere and the Cross of Christ with Phillipine adaptations.
See the triple-arched porch, the posterior façade with its whole arches and inside the exhibition hall (once the market stalls of Infante D. Henrique) and the Reception Room with an ancient Tomar Coat of Arms on the ceiling.

 

Schdule:

9 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. – 14 p.m. to 17.30 p.m. - Monday to Friday

 

Closed:  Holidays and weekends

 

Edifício do Turismo

pt

 

O projeto de José Vilaça, iniciado em 1933 e finalizado no término dessa década, foi construído com a finalidade daí se instalar a Comissão de Iniciativa e Turismo de Tomar.
O espaço reúne inúmeros elementos arquitetónicos, escultórios e azulejares dos séculos XV e XVI, originários de antigas casas burguesas da zona de Tomar. A janela de cunhal quinhentista pertencia ao palácio que o Prior do Convento de Cristo tinha na Rua dos Moinhos. A guarda da janela é de cantaria esculpida, formando um rendilhado, sendo o conjunto rematado por frontão triangular decorado com elementos geométricos em relevo. No edifício é também possível encontrar azulejos de Francesco Bartolozzi e vitrais de Ricardo Leone, assim como obras neorrenascentistas da casa Sousa Braga.
A janela de cunhal quinhentista está classificada como monumento nacional desde 1924.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Morada:
Avenida Dr. Cândido Madureira
(junto à Mata Nacional dos 7 Montes)
2300-351 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 329 823
Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

GPS:
N – 39º 36’ 6,0726’’
W – 008º 24’ 56,2068’’

 

Horário:

Verão (abril a setembro): 09h30 às 18h00

Inverno (outubro a março): 10h00 às 17h00

Encerrado nos dias: 1 de janeiro, 1 de maio e 25 de dezembro

 

 

The Tourist Office Building

 

The building designed by José Vilaça in 1933 has 15th and 16th century features in sculptures, in its architecture and in tiles, wich came from old buildings in the town. It is considered to be the oldest Tourism Office in the country and it still has works by Francesco Bartolozzi (tiles), Ricardo Leone (stained glass windows) and beautiful neo-renaissance work the Sousa Braga house.

 

Morada:
Avenida Dr. Cândido Madureira
(junto à Mata Nacional dos 7 Montes)
2300-351 Tomar | PORTUGAL

Tel.: (+351) 249 329 823
Este endereço de email está protegido contra piratas. Necessita ativar o JavaScript para o visualizar.

 

GPS:
N – 39º 36’ 6,0726’’
W – 008º 24’ 56,2068’’

 

Schdule:

Summer (April to September): 9.30 a.m. to 6 p.m. 

 

Winter (October to March): 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

 

Closed: Jan. 1, May 1 and Dec. 25

 

Casa dos Cubos

casa cubos

 

Edifício de particular relevância social e económica no tecido urbano da cidade de Tomar, a Casa dos Cubos, foi sujeita ao longo dos tempos a sucessivas aderências e alterações e sujeita a projeto de requalificação no âmbito do Programa Polis, visando uma nova utilização de caráter cultural. Originalmente concebido como casa de armazenamento e contagem de produtos agrícolas sob forma de pagamento de rendas às ordens religiosas, foi buscar a sua denominação às antigas medidas de capacidade, o alqueire e o almude, à época designados como “cubos”. Recebeu prémio de arquitetura de interiores no Contract World Award 2009.
Atualmente, é a sede do Centro de Estudos em Fotografia de Tomar que surge a partir de protocolo de colaboração entre a Câmara Municipal de Tomar e o Instituto Politécnico de Tomar. Tem como missão atividades associadas ao estudo e investigação da cultura fotográfica, nomeadamente, na preservação, divulgação de arquivos fotográficos históricos e contemporâneos e projetos de investigação aplicada. Desenvolve programação coerente de exposições, conferências, workshops e residências artísticas, valorizando a relação entre a Fotografia e o Território.

 

 

Morada:
Praceta Alves Redol
2300-000 Tomar | PORTUGAL

 

 

 

Aqueduto dos Pegões Altos

Aqueduto dos Peges web

 

O Aqueduto dos Pegões foi construído por ordem de Filipe I, com o objetivo de abastecer o Convento de Cristo a partir de quatro nascentes de água distintas.
O aqueduto com aproximadamente 6 quilómetros de extensão e 180 arcos foi iniciado em 1593, por Filipe Terzi e concluído por Pedro Fernandes Torres em 1613. No troço de maior desnível, situado no vale dos Pegões, assentam 16 arcos quebrados.
Foi classificado como Monumento Nacional em 1910.

 

 

 

 

 

The Pegões Altos Aqueduct

 

Filipe I had this built to provide a water supply to the Convent of Christ. In 1593, Filipe Terzi began the work and Pedro Fernandes Torres completed it in 1613. It is 6 km in length and has 180 arches. Where the Pegies Valley drops down, it forms two rows of arches, the lower ogival arches supporting the continuous upper row.

 

 

Estaus

Estaus

 

Contruído por ordem do Infante D. Henrique, no início do século XV, funcionou como antigo bazar dos judeus, alojamento e comércio, na rua principal de Tomar neste período. Os Estaus passaram a ser arrendados no século XVI, sendo explorados pelos foreiros para hospedagem e comércio, e passando posteriormente para a alçada da Misericórdia.
Atualmente, são visíveis os arcos ogivais de um dos edifícios dos Estaus, que se encontram impregnados num prédio da rua dos Arcos. Os outros dois arcos quebrados, pertencentes ao segundo edifício, encontram-se no lado oposto da rua revelando uma enorme imponência e singularidade.
Em 1946, foi decretado como Imóvel de Interesse Público.

 

 

 

 

 

The Inns 

 

The building where the former Jewish bazaar was, was taken over by Infante D. Henrique to serve as his residential and business quarters.
This complex construction with sixteen ogival arches on both sides of the street was never finished.

 

  

Complexo Cultural da Levada de Tomar

levada nuno miguel queiroz

 

Sob a designação de Levada de Tomar, identificamos um conjunto edificado com um relevante horizonte cronológico, desde o período medieval, passando pela época moderna, até à época contemporânea.

 

A sua origem remonta aos finais do século XII e, com uma sucessão complexa de contextos espaciais e tecnológicos, a sua actividade de carácter industrial manteve-se até finais do século XX  (e, numa das unidades oficinais daquele conjunto, manteve-se até ao início do século XXI).

 

 

 

 

Fotografia © Nuno Miguel Queiroz, 2015.

 

O conjunto edificado é contiguo ao rio Nabão. A localização geográfica e o enquadramento urbanístico do sítio, intrínsecos à razão de ser e à funcionalidade técnica, produtiva e económica dos equipamentos ali sucessivamente implantados ou adaptados ao longo dos séculos, confere-lhe uma especial qualidade paisagística, em pleno centro histórico da cidade, onde melhor se dá a ler a permanente interacção do homem com o meio, assim como a evolução da ocupação do espaço e das formas de habitar o território.

 

Com uma disposição integrada em relação ao rio Nabão e à estrutura do açude e da levada (a norte e a poente), destacam-se os edifícios de antigos moinhos e lagares (que eram alimentados pela energia potencial da água, através de rodas hidráulicas verticais ou de rodas horizontais), duas antigas fábricas de moagem (testemunhando o uso quer da energia hidráulica, quer da energia eléctrica) e uma central elétrica.

 

A Levada de Tomar está a ser objeto, desde 2011, de uma empreitada promovida pela Câmara Municipal de Tomar, para execução do projecto de requalificação e reabilitação arquitectónica, com base na decisão de criação de uma entidade museológica, designada por Museu da Levada de Tomar. O Projeto do Museu da Levada destina-se à planificação de acções integradas de salvaguarda e protecção de património cultural através da programação de uma entidade museal que faça parte de um processo de desenvolvimento científico, cultural, educativo e social do território de Tomar e de dinamização da economia e do turismo local.

 

 

 

Levada Tomar

 

Under the title of Levada de Tomar, we may identify a set of constructions spanning a significant chronological horizon ranging from the medieval era through to the modern age and into contemporary times.

With its origins stretching back to the late 12th century and throughout a complex succession of spatial and technological contexts, its core industrial activity remained in effect through to the late 20th century (and, in one of the workshops making up this group remaining in operation into this century).

 

 

The built heritage stands alongside the Nabão river. The geographic location and the urban surroundings of the site, intrinsic to its raison d’être and the technical, productive and economic operation of the different equipment installed and adapted there over the course of centuries, endow the site with a particular and special landscape quality. Right in the middle of the historical city centre, this proves an ideal location for studying and reading the constant interaction between man and the environment as well as evolutions in the occupation of spaces and the different ways of inhabiting territories .

 

With its layout structured by the banks of the river Nabão and the structure of the weir and channel (to the north and south), the buildings housing the former mills and olive oil presses (which were driven by the energy potential of water captured either by vertical or horizontal waterwheels), two more serving as mills (bearing witness to the utilisation of both hydraulic energy and electricity) and an electricity generating plant.

 

Since 2011, Levada de Tomar has been the target of a project implemented by Tomar Municipal Council in order to architectonically re-qualify and rehabilitate the site in accordance with the decision to set up a museological entity entitled the Levada de Tomar Museum. The Levada Museum Project incorporates the planning of actions integrated into the safeguarding and protection of cultural heritage through the programming of a museological entity to form one dimension to this process of scientific, cultural, educational and social development of the Tomar region and enhancing its economy and local tourism.

 

 

 

 

Arqueologia

Anta do Vale da Laje

Anta Vale da Laje

 

A Anta do Vale da Laje é o mais antigo monumento funerário megalítico a norte do Tejo.
Recentemente, procedeu-se à limpeza e desmatação do espaço da anta, um monumento megalítico de grande importância uma vez que é o mais antigo conhecido a norte do rio Tejo. Foi tratada a envolvente e colocados no local dois painéis informativos, com textos escritos em português e inglês, contendo ainda algumas ilustrações do monumento e do espólio ali recolhido. Estes painéis foram elaborados pelos arqueólogos responsáveis pela escavação, Ana Rosa Cruz e Luiz Oosterbeek.
Foi ainda instalada sinalética direccional e informativa do mesmo, estabelecendo um circuito turístico a partir do cruzamento com a EN 358 (que parte do nó de Santa Cita da A13 para o Castelo do Bode), passando por Alverangel e Casalinho.
Referenciada pelo Centro de Estudos e Protecção do Património da Região de Tomar (CEPPRT) no início dos anos oitenta do século passado, a Anta do Vale da Laje foi escavada por aqueles arqueólogos entre 1989 e 1993, pondo a descoberto este importante monumento funerário, com mais de 7500 anos. Após um longo período de limbo, em que o seu conhecimento se restringiu essencialmente ao meio académico e a alguns curiosos, é agora intenção das várias partes envolvidas dar-lhe o destaque que merece como uma das mais emblemáticas construções daquela época em toda a região.
A anta é composta por uma câmara formada por cinco grandes lajes, a que se acede por um corredor estreito e mais baixo. A toda a volta foi alinhado um círculo de lajes deitadas, com cinco metros de diâmetro, contra o qual foram construídas rampas de blocos de pedra. Ambos foram depois cobertos com terra, com lajes de pedra no topo e de novo com terra. No exterior foi construído um pátio de pequenas pedras sobre o qual se erigiu uma espécie de altar circular.
Mais tarde, o monumento terá sido abandonado mas, há cerca de 6500 anos, o monumento foi reconstruído e, a toda a volta, construído um círculo de pequenas lajes intervaladas por grandes seixos de quartzo e quartzito. Graças aos seixos, quando fazia sol a anta brilhava, destacando-se ainda mais no vale.
Ao longo de quase três mil anos, foram ali enterrados cerca de noventa corpos, os quais eram acompanhados de vasos, machados, facas, flechas, placas de xisto e outros objectos em pedra, cerâmica, osso e madeira. Estes objectos podem ser vistos no Centro de Pré-História do Instituto Politécnico de Tomar e no Centro de Interpretação de Arqueologia do Alto Ribatejo (CIAAR), em Vila Nova da Barquinha.

 

Descubra o Centro Histórico

Praças

 

O plano da cidade medieval organiza-se em cruz com os 4 braços apontando os 4 pontos cardeais marcados pelos 4 conventos da cidade. O centro, onde se situam a Câmara Municipal e a Igreja Matriz, é Praca republicaa Praça da República, a partir da qual irradiam os principais edifícios públicos e religiosos: a sul, a Sinagoga, o antigo Hospital da Misericórdia, o Convento de S. Francisco e o antigo Rossio da Vila; a norte, a sede da Assembleia Municipal, as capelas de S. Gregório e da Senhora da Piedade e o antigo Convento da Anunciada; a oeste, a colina do Castelo, a Ermida da Senhora da Conceição e o Convento de Cristo; a leste, a Ponte, as antigas Moagens e Moinhos da Vila, o Convento de Sta. Iria, a saída para a Igreja de Sta. Maria do Olival e zona escolar da cidade, com o Instituto Politécnico a rematar.

Perseguindo esta geometria simbólica, é interessante constatar que, com centro na igreja manuelina, à Praça da República, se gera a circunferência que une a Charola do Convento (oratório templário) aos Conventos da Anunciada, de Sta. Iria e de S. Francisco.
Eis, assim, o circulo, qual espaço sagrado, dentro da qual se desenvolveu Tomar.


Discouver The Historic Centre

 

The layout of the medieval town is a cross with 4 arms pointing to 4 cardinal points marked by the 4 convents in the town. The centre, where the Town Hall and the Mother Church are situated, is the Praça da República. It is from here that the main public and religious buildings radiate: to the south, the Synagogue, the old Misericord Hospital, the S. Francisco Convent and the old town square; to the north, the seat of the Municipal Assembly, the Chapels of S. Gregório and Nossa Senhora da Piedade and the old Anunciada Convent; to the west, the CastIe hilI, the litle Senhora da Conceição chapel and the Convent of Christ; to the east, the bridge, the old MilIs and Presses, the Sta Iria Convent, the way to the Sta Maria do Olival Church and the school area ending with the Polytechnic. lf we follow this symbolic geometry, it is interesting to note that with the “Marnueline” church in the centre, the Praça da República, there is a circle that unites the Charola of the Convent (the Templar Oratory) to the Anunciada, Sta Iria and S. Francisco Convents. It was in this circle, in this holy space, that Tomar developed.

 

Janelas

Tomar possui um vasto leque de janelas de interesse histórico e arquitetónico, cada qual com uma história para segredar. Mais acima, o rasar os beirais, as gárgulas, elementos tão decorativos como funcionais, vigiam as ruas.
E se é no Convento que umas e outras sublimam a sua perfeição e notoriedade, o Centro Histórico é igualmente um local privilegiado para as observar.
Das janelas falam os Estaus, junto à Ponte Nova. Ai, a dar para a Rua dos Arcos, sobre o vértice do segundo arco, encontra-se a janela mais antiga e a única primitiva do Séc. Casa dos tetosXV; dobra-se a esquina para a Rua Torres Pinheiro e surge uma outra, esta de verga superior com elementos decorativos e recorte geométrico. Contornando o quarteirão até à Rua da Saboaria reparar-se-á em curiosíssimas casas populares de traça simples, com dois pisos e escadaria exterior alpendrada. Ali perto, na Avenida Cândido Madureira, logo ao início da rua, do lodo esquerdo, imediatamente a seguir ao grande edifício onde está instalado um departamento do Instituto Politécnico, resplandece a frontaria de uma caso popular: janelas e paredes simples pintadas de um branco imaculado polvilhado de vasos de flores a lembrar pátios andaluzes. Janela
Acompanhando a subida da rua, encontra-se a Casa dos Tetos, um edifício do Séc. XVII com janelas de guilhotina e elementos geométricos no avental. Logo a seguir, o edifício do Turismo, uma construção dos anos 30 com janelas e portais da Renascença pertença de edificações antigas de outros locais da cidade. O acesso faz-se por um portal dos finais do séc. XV, provavelmente o dos “Cubos” (celeiros quatrocentistas da desaparecida Praça da Ribeira); no interior um portal geminado. Encontram-se ainda uma janela de canto e três Renascença, duas delas geminadas, sendo uma original e a outra réplica. No exterior do edifício, é possível descortinar um relógio de sol e gárgulas em forma de cabeça de leão.
Agora há que voltar atrás, de novo até meio da Avenida Cândido Madureira, para dobrar a esquina na Travessa do Arco, passando por baixo do característico Arco que une os dois corpos do Palácio dos Velhos de Maceda, um edifício do Séc. XVI; ao fim da travessa há janelas de guilhotina com avental boleado e uma janela de canto do período final do Renascimento final a dar para a Rua Pedro Dias, onde sobressai o Solar dos Calça Perra, uma abastada família das Séc. XIII e XIV. Segue-se a direito até encontrar a Rua dos Moinhos, onde se toma a esquerda em direção à Corredoura. Antes, no cruzamento com a Rua Joaquim Jacinto, e já nesta, uma janela Manuelina e, no número 63, um interessante portal com decoração sugerindo dois compassos que poderão indicar a profissão do seu proprietário, (pedreiro ou canteiro).
Na Rua Infantaria 15, em frente, prédio com varandas trabalhadas dignas de um olhar interessado e janelas do Séc., XVII.
Adiante, na Rua Aurora de Macedo, quase no sopé da colina do castelo, numa casa recuperada, duas janelas quinhentistas de avental simples e portal da época. Entre-se então na Rua do Pé da Costa e vire-se à direito até chegar à Praça da República. Descendo, encontra-se um palácio setecentista com bonitas cantarias e gárgulas, também na torre da igreja.
Janela 1Para a direita, tente-se identificar a escultura ao centro da platibanda: guerreiro, para uns; Arcanjo S. Miguel para outros; e ainda, em terceira hipótese, S. Jorge.
Desça-se então a Corredoura. Ora à esquerda, ora à direita, são frequentes os edifícios com fachada em azulejo e apontamentos de Arte Nova e Arte Déco.
O prédio dos antigos Armazéns do Barateiro é um soberbo exemplar de aprumo e elegância azul, verdadeiramente esplendoroso: uma elegância azul debruada a amarelo que se manifesta nos pormenores sem azulejo e na visão de conjunto de toda a fachada.
Sensivelmente a meio da rua, mais dois exemplares de fachadas em azulejo, varandas trabalhadas e frisos decorativos de uma delicadeza invejável.
Por fim, antes do edifício da Região de Turismo dos Templários, que apresenta goteiras em vez de gárgulas simples, eis três prédios ao lado direito de quem desce a rua, todos com o azul a dominar. Realce para o penúltimo, a mostrar uma inesperada balaustrada, e para o último com invulgaríssima fachada azul impregnada de alusões a Tomar.
Contorna-se a Casa Vieira Guimarães construída em 1922 ao gosto neo-manuelino. Repare-se no pormenor de cada “poisa-ferros” ser sustentado par uma mísula com motivo floral diferente. Prossiga-se ao longo do rio até descobrir, na Rua do Camarão, à direita e ao número 45, uma das janelas mais bonitas de Tomar.
Para terminar, procure-se, na Rua Silva Magalhães, uma casa renascença de João de Castilho, que foi Biblioteca Municipal (agora chamada de Casa Manuel Guimarães), com uma janela de canto com balaústres, considerada monumento nacional.


Windows

 

Tomar possesses a great variety of windows of historical and architectonic interest, each one with a story to tell. Further up, touching the eaves, gargoyles, both decorative and functional, watch over the streets.
And if in the Convent some of them are better known and reach greater heights of perfection, the Historic Centre is also an excellent place from which to observe them.
By the new bridge the windows tell us of lhe Inns. Above the vertex of the second arch, the oldest window and the only original 15th century one looks down onto Rua dos Arcos. Turn the corner into Rua Torres Pinheiro and you find another this time with an upper bar with decorative elements and a geometrical shape. Go round lhe block as for as Rua da Saboaria and you will find simply designed popular houses, on two levels, with an outer staircase covered by a porch. Nearby, right at the beginning of Avenida Cândido Madureira on the left, immediately after a large building that houses a department of the Polytechnic, you will see the front of a popular house with its spotless white windows and walls, scattered with flower post reminiscent of Andalusian patios.
Walking up the street, you will find the Casa dos Tectos, a 17th century building with guiliotine windows with geometric shapes on the apron. Next to this is the Tourism Office building, from the 1930’s Havanezabut with Renaissance doors and windows, which had belonged to old buildings in other parts of the town. You enter via a late 15th century doorway probably from the ‘Cubos’ (14th century granaries that were in what was the Praça da Ribeira); inside there is a double doorway. You can also see a corner window and three from the Renaissance, two of which are paired; one is original, the other a replica. On the outside of the building, you can see a sundial and gargoyles with lion´s heads.
Retracing your steps back to the Avenida Cândido Madureira, and turning the corner into Travessa do Arco, you will pass under the typical arch which joins the two parts of the Palácio dos Velhos de Macedo, a 16th century building; at the end of the little street, there are guillotine windows with round-shaped aprons as well as a late-Renaissance corner window overlooking Rua Pedro Dias, where the Solar dos Calça Perra, a property that belonged to that wealthy family in lhe 14th and 15th centuries, stands out. Continue to the right until you reach Rua dos Moinhos, where you take a left towards the Courredora. When you reach the point where the street you are on crosses Rua Joaquim Jacinto, there is a ‘Manueline” window and, at nº 63, an interesting doorway, the decoration of which suggests two compasses that could indicate the owner’s profession, (builder ar stonemason).
In front of you on Rua Infantaria 15, there is a building with elaborate balconies and 17th century windows, worth looking at.
Further on, on Rua Aurora de Macedo, just before the hill rises to the castle, there are two 16th century windows with simple aprons and a doorway from the samee period. After this you go into Rua do Pé da Costa and turn right until you reach the Praça da República. Going down you find an 18th century palace with beautiful stonework and gargoyles also seen on the church tower.
On your right, try to make out what the sculpture at the centre of the platband might be. Some think is a warrior, others the Archangel St. Michael and others even think it could be St. George.
Now, go along the Corredoura and you will see on both sides of the street tiIed-fronted buildings and features of both Art Nouveau and Art Deco styles.
The building that housed lhe old Barateiro stores is a superb example of aplomb and blue elegance of real splendour. The blue edged with yellow is seen in the untiled details in the entire façade. Approximately halfway down the street there are two more examples of tiled-fronted buildings, wrought iron balconies and delightfully delicate friezes.
At the top of the street before the Templars Regional Tourist Office, which has gutters rather than simple gargoyles, there are three buildings on your right as you go down the street, all predominantly blue. Note the penultimate one, with its unusual balustrade and the last one with an even more unusual blue façade imbued with allusions to Tomar.
Go around the Casa Vieira Guimarães, built in 1922 in neo-manueline style. Note the detail in each metal fixture held by a console with a different floral motif. Walk along by the river until you come to Rua do Camarão, where on the right a nº 45 you will see one of the prettiest windows in Tomar.
Finally, in Rua Silva Magalhães, find João Castilho’s Renaissance house that used to be the town library (now called Casa Manuel Guimarães), which has a corner window with balustrades, considered to be a national monument.

COM-TEMPL.-ARTE

 Mapa

Mais que uma proposta para um projeto artístico, COM-TEMPL.-ARTE pretende ser uma nova possibilidade para Tomar, capaz de reconhecer-lhe e acrescentar-lhe uma dimensão contemporânea ao já único e maravilhoso legado artístico e cultural existente.

É inegável o papel preponderante que a arte pública urbana assume, atualmente, em Portugal e no mundo; bem como o caráter inventivo e inclusivo que a arte e a cultura podem (e devem) assumir na construção / educação do futuro / crianças e jovens de uma qualquer sociedade.

E é tendo como base estes pressupostos que COM-TEMPL.-ARTE tem como objetivos principais:
- a afirmação de Tomar como “galeria de arte” num novo cenário de turismo artístico/cultural de âmbito regional, nacional e internacional e reconhecimento desta como ponto de visita obrigatório no “tour” de arte pública urbana Lisboa – Porto e vice-versa;
- potenciar a criação e divulgação da arte pública urbana e o conhecimento académico e científico sobre esta;
- a afirmação e reconhecimento da identidade de Tomar através da representação e homenagem ao património histórico (edificado e natural), ao património imaterial e a figuras históricas tomarenses.

COM-TEMPL.-ARTE assenta em três elementos basilares:
- “COM“ - pretende ser um evento construído e desenvolvido com os tomarenses, assumindo estes um papel ativo na realização do evento;
- “TEMPL. “, uma abreviatura para templários, em representação da identidade local e demonstração do respeito por esta;
- “ARTE” enquanto elemento mediador, construtor e unificador.

E que, tal como contemplar, exige tempo e continuidade.

https://www.facebook.com/comtemplarte/

 

More than an artistic event, “ com-templ.-arte " intends to be a possibility for Tomar and a possible future.

The event finds its justification in the undeniable preponderant role that urban public art currently assumes in Portugal and in the world, in the inventive and inclusive character that art and culture can and should take on in the creation of the future / hope of any society.

But it also finds its relevance in Tomar, in its characteristics, specificities and singularities, but, essentially, as a land of dreamy, creative, enterprising and working people. Based on these assumptions that "com- templ.-arte" has as main goals:

•the statement of Tomar as an "art gallery" in a new artistic / cultural tourism scene of regional, national and international scope and recognition of this as a mandatory point of visit in the public art tour "Lisboa - Oporto" and vice versa;

•promote the creation and dissemination of urban public art and the academic and scientific knowledge about this

•the affirmation and recognition of the identity of Tomar through the representation and tribute to the  patrimony historical (built and natural), intangible heritage and historical figures from the city.

"com-templ.-arte" is based on three basic elements:

_com - intends to be an event built and developed with the people from Tomar, as them assuming an active role in the accomplishment of the event;

_templ. - an abbreviation for Templars, representing local identity and demonstration of respect towards them;

_arte - as a moderator element, constructor and unifier.

And that, just like contemplating, requires time and continuity

 

1ª Edição

b The last call - Smile
b) SMILE | “The last call”

É feita uma chamada. Uma guerreira, uma persistente e convicta dos seus sonhos, apenas uma menina que acredita em si e defende as suas crenças.

Mas será que o preconceito irá persistir?

 

A call is made. A warrior, a persistent and convinced of her dreams, just a girl who believes in herself and defends her beliefs.

But will prejudice persist?

 

g Templo - Daniel Eime 

g) DANIEL EIME | “Temp(l)o”

Os seniores enquanto população menos apoiada, subvalorizada e por vezes solitária. 

Aqui, especificamente, lugar onde procuram e incentivam o pensamento e exercício mental (e não só), combatendo de certo modo um estado de espírito menos positivo e de conformidade.

 

Seniors as a less supported, undervalued and sometimes lonely population.

Here, specifically, a place where they seek and encourage thought and mental exercise (and not only), in a way combating a less positive and conforming state of mind.

 

h Princesa contempornea - Projeto Matilha

h) PROJETO MATILHA | “Princesa contemporânea”

As raízes do edificado remetem-nos para estórias do passado, um passado recente tão ou mais distante que os limites da nossa própria imaginação.

A visão do mundo contemporâneo pela lente dá-nos um olhar do que queremos para o futuro.

 

The roots of the building remind us of stories from the past, a recent past as or more distant than the limits of our own imagination.

The vision of the contemporary world through the lens gives us a look at what we want for the future.

 

i As cores da gua so o teatro do desporto - Ione Dominguez

i)IONE DOMINGUEZ | “As cores da água são o teatro do desporto”

Este mural pretende ser uma metáfora. Um paralelo entre o desporto e o teatro. 

A dúvida que se tem para onde jogar a bola, pensado se o parceiro estará ou não livre, o pensamento instantâneo nas práticas desportivas. 

Numa compreensão realista ou semi realista pretendo dar-lhe um tom onírico (a ave, o peixe, os frutos), referindo-se à alimentação saudável.

 

This mural is intended to be a metaphor. A parallel between sport and theater.

The question of where to throw the ball, whether or not the partner will be free, instant thinking in sports.

In a realistic or semi-realistic understanding I intend to give it a dreamlike tone (the bird, the fish, the fruits), referring to healthy eating.

 

2ª Edição

a Jardim - Draw e Contra

a) DRAW & CONTRA | “Jardim”

O mural “Jardim” tem como inspiração a Festa dos Tabuleiros.

 

The “Jardim” mural is inspired by the Festa dos Tabuleiros.

 

c A Festa. O meu olhar. - Joo Costa Rosa
c) JOÃO COSTA ROSA | “A Festa. O meu olhar.”

Representação da Festa dos Tabuleiros e a sua simbologia.

 

Representation of the Festa dos Tabuleiros and its symbology.

 

d Molly Williams - ROBOT

d) ROBOT | “Molly Williams”

Molly Williams (f. 1818) foi a primeira mulher bombeira conhecida no mundo.

Durante 1818, uma nevão atingiu a cidade, e por consequência, um surto de gripe levou muitos dos voluntários do sexo masculino a ficarem afetados e impedidos de trabalhar. Williams ocupou o lugar dos bombeiros doentes e trabalhou no quartel durante esse período. Face à prestação exímia de Williams, ganhou o título de voluntária. A história de Molly Williams é hoje sinónimo de força e determinação.

 

Molly Williams (f. 1818) was the first female firefighter known in the world.

During 1818, a snowfall hit the city, and as a result, an outbreak of influenza led many of the male volunteers to be affected and unable to work. Williams took the place of sick firefighters and worked in the barracks during that period. In view of Williams' excellent performance, she won the title of volunteer. Molly Williams' story today is synonymous with strength and determination.

 

e Joggler - LONAC

e) LONAC | “Joggler”

 

f O Escudo - Nuno Alecrim

f) NUNO ALECRIM | “O Escudo”

Pessoas unidas, representando os cavaleiros Templários.

Um padrão central, expansão e conquista, fazendo referência aos territórios Templários. 

Representação de lanças e armas das lutas dos cavaleiros templários, relembrando que os Templários eram uma ordem militar.

Um símbolo + que é uma alegoria gráfica do principal símbolo da Ordem dos Templários, a cruzada pátea.

 

United people, representing the Knights Templar.

A central pattern, expansion and conquest, referring to the Templar territories.

Representation of spears and weapons of the struggles of the Templar knights, remembering that the Templars were a military order.

A + symbol that is a graphic allegory of the main symbol of the Order of the Templars, the Pattian Crusade.

 

 

icones agenda

 

newsletter

 

a-minha-rua

 

farmacias-servico

reclamacoes